Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Butt out...

Net says I need to blog more so here goes...

 Why do some people feel as if it is their right and responsibility to keep track of what I do? Why must they comment to others about my personal life? At least I am in a relationship... ERG! 

Okay, let me back up. For those of you that don't know (can't imagine who you would be, but, whatever...) I have a missionary. Jordan has been faithfully serving for the last 23 months and 1 week. Yes, the count down is down to 22 days. I guess you could say that I waited. I have always known that I would make the entire two years- no matter how many well- intentioned (and some not so-well- intentioned) people told me that I would never make it. Trust me, even people I hardly know feel inclined to give me their personal opinions. Fine, whatever. I don't care if you have an opinion but unless I specifically ask for it, don't tell me! 

Anyways, even though I was waiting, during my time at BYU I spent plenty of time with members of the opposite sex. I didn't lock myself in a closet or refuse to have fun because "I was waiting". I had a great time but as awesome as all of the people I met were, none of them came even close to Jordan. So that brings me to why I am venting on this particular topic.

Last night, my darling younger sister faithfully attended a singles ward activity. Where she was unfortunately cornered and accosted as to my dating status. She, of course, as any good sister would, reported that I was happily still waiting for my darling elder. Much to her dismay, she was then subjected to their personal views on how I have "wasted" the last 2 years of my life. "Wasted?" she says, "excuse me, but in the time since Jordan left she has graduated from BYU and almost completed her masters." (Keep in mind she is talking to boys that have spent the last 5 years at a 2 year college...) Their argument was that although I have not wasted my time academically, I socially locked myself up. I am sorry, just because I rejected you, does not mean I locked myself up. It just means my time is valuable and I am selective in who I chose to spend it on...

 

2 comments:

Mayor of CrazyTown said...

See how nice and mature you are? Much better than I. I would have told them to bleep off.

Casey said...

Nice to "meet" you on the blog! The cake recipe can be found at familyfun.com under cakes...do a search for "beehive cake", and it's there! I kind of improvised with the pan size, and trimmed down the layers as needed. Also, I added wooden dowels (scewers) to keep the layers from slidind off! Good luck!


Favorite Books

  • Barrington Family Saga
  • Anita Stansfield...anything by her
  • Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
  • Deep Blue Eyes and Other Lies
  • Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher