Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Today

started off well. Okay, not really. I over slept, really over slept. I have just enough time to jump in the shower, jump back out and run to the car. Of course in my haste to get to the car I forgot how to walk. Yeah, did you you know that there are 8 steps from the landing to the 1st floor? Yeah, I didn't know that either until I found out this morning- I counted each one with my @$$. From that moment on I knew my day was going to be just fantastic. Actually, I gave myself a whole pep talk on the way to work on how just because it started off poorly didn't mean I couldn't have a good day. Apparently, my pep talk didn't work.


After catching 3 students blatantly cheating on test corrections, it just got worse.


Yannette wrote about the stupid things people do. I think this act of stupidity should be added to the list. I stood over the students and watched them as they passed their papers back and forth and copied answers. Are you FREAKIN kidding me? I was insulted. Do they honestly think I am THAT stupid? If you are going to cheat, at least don't get caught!


Anyways, in discussing radical expressions, students might have well have stayed at home they were so out of it. I get it, Algebra at seven in the morning= crappy. It is not the most facinating topic I grant you but if you have to be there you might as well make the best of it right? So, after getting fed up with talking to myself and the one girl in the front row (bless her heart) I started yelling "GET UP!" They looked at me like is she serious? Of course I was serious. I made all 33 students stand up. When I started singing "head, shoulders, knees, and toes" they knew I had lost it. Yup, I made high schoolers do "Head, shoulders, knees and toes" . The best part was if ANYONE didn't participate the entire class had to do it again. No one is too cool for head, shoulders, knees and toes!



2 comments:

Erica said...

Hahahahahaha!!! I would have loved to see that. Especially since you have the same look mom gets. It looks like you are about to start laughing when it reality you are about to explode you are so angry...to be a spider on the wall in your class. I have a feeling i would be greatly amused.

Mayor of CrazyTown said...

You're nuts! Love you, but you're nuts.


Favorite Books

  • Barrington Family Saga
  • Anita Stansfield...anything by her
  • Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
  • Deep Blue Eyes and Other Lies
  • Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher