Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Impatience...

Patience is not a skill I have developed over the 21 years I've been alive. In fact, of all of the virtues I probably struggle with that one the most. With some things patience comes easier and some things drive me to the edge of insanity. 

I am particularly impatient when it comes with time and emails- not every email- just the emails from Jordan. It I haven't received an email by Monday evening I start panicking. I check my email about 1,000,000 times a day on Monday, constantly hoping that he will have written. Normally, I have my email by mid afternoon or early evening, at the latest. This week is different. It is almost 4 o'clock in the afternoon on Tuesday and I haven't heard a word- neither have has his family. Now I am far beyond impatience and into the realm of panic. 

Calm down? Yes, I probably should but I can't. I have scoured the internet for any story related to Mexico (thankfully nothing tragic has come up) and every worst case scenario is running through my mind.  I can't even think clearly. So until I have an email my impatience (and panic) will continue to increase. 

If this is God's way of helping me develop my patience, He has a sick sense of humor. 

No comments:


Favorite Books

  • Barrington Family Saga
  • Anita Stansfield...anything by her
  • Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
  • Deep Blue Eyes and Other Lies
  • Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher