Thursday, March 13, 2008

Procrastinating...

I have a TPA to be writing. It is due tomorrow. Tomorrow at 4:oo pm. Am I close to finishing it? NO! Have I even started? Of course not. So in the spirit of polical correctness- which is what I have to be in writing this silly thing, I am going to share some of my favorite "politically correct terms" for common events in a teens life...

*No one fails anymore- he's merely passing impaired.
*Your bedroom isn't cluttered- it's passive restrictive.
*These days a student isn't lazy-he's energetically declined.
*Kids don't get grounded- they merely hit a "social speed bump"
* Your homework isn't missing- its having an out of notebook experience
*You're not sleeping in class-you are rationing consciousness.
*You are not late- you simpley have a rescheduled arrival time.
*You're not having a bad hairday- you're suffering from rebellious follicle syndrome
*You don't have smelly gym socks- you have odor retentive athletic footwear
*You don't talk alot- you are abundantly verbal.
*You weren't passing notes in class- you were participating in the discreet exchange of penned mediation (one of my favorites)
*You're not being sent to the Principal's office, you are being sent on a mandatory fieldtrip to the administration building.
*It's not called gossip anymore, its the speedy transmission of near factual information.
*The food in the cafeteria is not awful- it's digestively challenged.

Now I am off to write...like a mad women.

1 comment:

Byran and Diana said...

I love looking at your blog, especially the scrapbook pages you do.


Favorite Books

  • Barrington Family Saga
  • Anita Stansfield...anything by her
  • Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
  • Deep Blue Eyes and Other Lies
  • Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher