Sunday, March 23, 2008

Just something to think about...

"Have you ever been at sea in a dense fog, when it seemed as if a tangible white darkness shut you in and the great ship, tense and anxious, groped her way toward the shore with plummet and sounding-line, and you waited with beating heart for something to happen? I was like that ship before my education began, only I was without compass or sounding line, and no way of knowing how near the harbor was. "Light! Give me light!" was the wordless cry of my soul, and the light of love shone on me in that very hour."
-Helen Keller

My only question is, do we cherish education in the same way? Would our lives be different if we had a different attitude about learning? So many do not have the opportunities that we have. Do we take advantage of them? Are we using our minds and capabilities to their utmost capacity? If not, what a terrible waste. 

(Can you tell that I am a teacher?) :)

Favorite Books

  • Barrington Family Saga
  • Anita Stansfield...anything by her
  • Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
  • Deep Blue Eyes and Other Lies
  • Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher