Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The best part...

I just spent 3 hours installing a new left fender panel and headlamp.  I am SO stoked. This has been waiting to happen for almost 2 years. (Long story as to why  I had a dented fender in the first place) For those of you that have never had to figure out how to get into a car with a door that barely opens, in a tight skirt and high heels- thank your lucky stars! It is awful but hysterical for others watching. I originally planned on having an autobody do the repair but their quote was WAY out of my price range. So after a great deal of stalling (almost 2 years...) I decided that it was up to me to fix it. So I did some research. Found the needed parts and in 5-7 days they were here! WOW! 

 Now I would like to be able to say that I did it all by myself and that I have infinite wisdom regarding auto mechanics but I don't. And really, I am glad that I don't. I just got to spend 3 hours hanging out with my dad. Learning new things and laughing about things most wouldn't understand or wouldn't find humorous. So, as happy as I am about having a non-mangled fender, or being able to open my door all of the way, really, the best part was hanging out with my dad.

I guess you are never to old to be daddy's little girl. 

(A few years ago...)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About your comment, do you not remember statistics? I come home tomorrow, I can't wait!!!!!love ya!!! How does the car look?


Favorite Books

  • Barrington Family Saga
  • Anita Stansfield...anything by her
  • Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
  • Deep Blue Eyes and Other Lies
  • Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher